Teacher Training Scholarship Process
The following policies and procedures can assist individual teachers interested in attending Advanced Placement (AP) training. Training sessions must be official AP courses provided by College Board-identified institutions.
Augsburg and Carleton Training
The school or district will be responsible for the initial cost of the training. The district will be reimbursed $500, which includes tuition and college credit, and $150 for room and board on campus. Training costs will be reimbursed to the district once MDE receives confirmation from the participating summer training institute indicating participant attendance and Minnesota scholarship application on file.
Registration forms and teacher scholarship applications are available on the Augsburg and Carleton Websites.
To register and apply for a scholarship, follow these steps:
1. Complete and mail your Summer Institute Registration Form, along with the registration fee, to the school.
2. Complete the 2015 Augsburg or Carleton Teacher Scholarship Application (one per teacher).
3. Send the completed 2015 Augsburg or Carleton Teacher Scholarship Application form and a copy of the Summer Institute registration form by May 27, 2015, to: Jacqui McKenzie, Minnesota Department of Education, 1500 Highway 36 West, Roseville, MN 55113.
A limited number of applicants will be funded up to $900 for tuition, room, board and travel to attend out-of-state, in-depth training (National AP Conferences are not included) for the following reasons:
1. The AP course you need is not offered/available at Augsburg or Carleton Colleges;
2. the Augsburg or Carleton dates are a conflict for you; or,
3. teacher attended Augsburg or Carleton training in 2014.
To register and apply for an out-of-state training scholarship, follow these steps:
1. Complete the Registration Form from the institution offering the training and an MDE Out-of-State Scholarship Application and send both forms to MDE any time before May 27, 2015. You will receive an e-mail from MDE regarding your application within 10 business days of receipt.
2. Send your completed Registration Form and payment to the training institution. Keep copies for your records.
3. After completion of the course, within 10 days, send copies of all receipts necessary to document your attendance and expenses of course completion through June 30, 2015 to MDE, so that reimbursement of expenses can be paid to your district. Scholarship applications without proper documentation will not be reimbursed. Send copies of all forms and supplemental materials to: Jacqui McKenzie, Minnesota Department of Education, 1500 Highway 36 West, Roseville, MN 55113.