· Hearing officer handling special education cases since 2006. Eleven years of litigation experience prior to appointment, appeared as counsel on behalf of both private and public clients.
· Admitted to the practice of law in Minnesota in 1992. Earlier admitted to the practice of law in Connecticut, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Currently licensed as an attorney in Minnesota.
· J.D., George Washington University, 1989.
· B.A., Union College, 1986.
· Administrative Law Judge Special Education Training, December 2013.
· Special Education Hearing Process Seminar, February 2013.
· Administrative Law Judge Special Education Training Seminar, October 2012.
· Midwest Regional Educational Law Conference, October 2006, March 2009, March 2010, and March 2011.
· 6th National IDEA Academy for Administrative Law Judges and Hearing Officers, May 2007.
I am not currently employed by nor am I currently a board member of a local education agency in Minnesota. I am not an employee of the Minnesota Department of Education.
I am not currently employed by nor am I currently a board member of a disability advocacy organization or group.
For additional information on Judge Lipman, see: http://mn.gov/oah/administrative-law/judges/lipman.jsp.