• Hearing Officer since August, 2006. Prior to his appointment in 2006, Judge Lipman had 11 years of litigation experience, during which he appeared as counsel on behalf of both private and public clients.
• Admitted to the practice of law in Minnesota in 1992. (Earlier admitted to the practice of law in Connecticut, Maryland and the District of Columbia.)
• J.D., George Washington University, 1989
• B.A., Union College, 1986
• 6th National IDEA Academy for Administrative Law Judges and Hearing Officers, May 2007
• Midwest Regional Educational Law Conference, October 2006, March 2009, 2010, and 2011
Judge Lipman is not currently employed by nor is he currently a board member of a local education agency in Minnesota. Judge Lipman is not an employee of the Minnesota Department of Education.
Judge Lipman is not currently employed by nor is he currently a board member of a disability advocacy organization or group.
Gifted and Talented Education Symposium – June 9-12
Registration is now open for the sixth annual Hormel Foundation Gifted and Talented Education Symposium—a collaboration between the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), the Hormel Foundation and Austin School District. Daily sessions address best practices on the assessment of students for services, program models, social and emotional needs, instructional strategies, under-represented populations, under-achievement, integration of STEM and technology as well as specific content in the areas of science, mathematics, language arts and social studies.