• Hearing Officer since August, 2006. Prior to his appointment in 2006, Judge Lipman had 11 years of litigation experience, during which he appeared as counsel on behalf of both private and public clients.
• Admitted to the practice of law in Minnesota in 1992. (Earlier admitted to the practice of law in Connecticut, Maryland and the District of Columbia.)
• J.D., George Washington University, 1989
• B.A., Union College, 1986
• 6th National IDEA Academy for Administrative Law Judges and Hearing Officers, May 2007
• Midwest Regional Educational Law Conference, October 2006, March 2009, 2010, and 2011
Judge Lipman is not currently employed by nor is he currently a board member of a local education agency in Minnesota. Judge Lipman is not an employee of the Minnesota Department of Education.
Judge Lipman is not currently employed by nor is he currently a board member of a disability advocacy organization or group.
Regional Leadership Summits Filling Up Fast!
Aligning systems, through postsecondary partnerships, for student success. You are invited to assemble a secondary or postsecondary team to deepen our common understandings of newly-enacted legislation and to explore opportunities for new or expanded partnerships between our E-12 and postsecondary systems that will better prepare our continuum of learners to be career and college-ready. Register Soon! -- Spots still available in Fergus Falls, Brainerd and Rochester.