Richard C. Luis
P.O. Box 64620
St. Paul, Minnesota 55164-0620
600 North Robert Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
W: 651-361-7843 F: 651-361-793
1. IDEA Hearing Officer in 1980’s, early 1990’s and since 2005 again
2. License: Attorney, since 1974
3. Education: B.A., Yale University, 1967; J.D., University of Minnesota, 1974
• March 2011 - Midwest Regional Special Education Law Conference at MN State – Mankato
• September 2008 - OAH Symposium on ADHD and the IDEA
• June 2005 - 4th National Academy for IDEA ALJs and Hearing Officers at Seattle University School of Law
• Since 1980, attended many programs on the conduct of administrative hearings of all types.
5. I have been an Administrative Law Judge with the Office of Administrative Hearings since 1980.
6. I was an Administrative Law Judge for the Department of Economic Security from 1976-1980. Private practice (trial lawyer) 1974-1976.
I am employed by a Minnesota State Agency. I am not employed by the State Education Agency or a Local Education Agency (or on a School Board).
I am not employed by or a board member of, a disability advocacy organization or group.