• Special Education Hearing Officer, 2011
• Court Admissions: Minnesota Supreme Court, 1978; United States District Court, Minnesota, 1979; United States Supreme Court, 1983
• Juris Doctorate, cum laude, Law Review, William Mitchell College of Law, 1978
• Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado, 1974
• 2011 Midwest Regional Special Education Law Conference, Minnesota Department of Education
Over the past 33 years, my diverse legal career has included administrative matters at the local, state, and federal level. In addition, I lead complex transactions and litigation in the areas of aviation, business, commercial, discrimination, employment, entertainment, and real property matters.
I am currently employed by a Minnesota State Agency.
I have been an Administrative Law Judge since 2006.
I am not now, nor have I ever been, employed by a Local Education Agency.
Gifted and Talented Education Symposium – June 9-12
Registration is now open for the sixth annual Hormel Foundation Gifted and Talented Education Symposium—a collaboration between the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), the Hormel Foundation and Austin School District. Daily sessions address best practices on the assessment of students for services, program models, social and emotional needs, instructional strategies, under-represented populations, under-achievement, integration of STEM and technology as well as specific content in the areas of science, mathematics, language arts and social studies.