• Hearing Officer since October 2012. Prior to her appointment in 2012, Judge Cochran had 20 years of litigation and administrative law experience. Judge Cochran worked as an attorney in both private practice and at the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office.
• Admitted to the practice of law in Alaska in 1992 and Minnesota in 1994.
• J.D., University of Minnesota, 1992
• B.A., Dartmouth College, 1988
• Administrative Law Judge Special Education Training, October 26, 2013, hosted by the Tennessee Administrative Office of the Court and Tennessee Department of Education
• Minnesota Special Education Training, February 15, 2013, hosted by the Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings
I am not currently employed by nor am I currently a board member of a local education agency in Minnesota. I am not an employee of the Minnesota Department of Education.
I am not currently employed by nor am I currently a board member of a disability advocacy organization or group.
Gifted and Talented Education Symposium – June 9-12
Registration is now open for the sixth annual Hormel Foundation Gifted and Talented Education Symposium—a collaboration between the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), the Hormel Foundation and Austin School District. Daily sessions address best practices on the assessment of students for services, program models, social and emotional needs, instructional strategies, under-represented populations, under-achievement, integration of STEM and technology as well as specific content in the areas of science, mathematics, language arts and social studies.