• Hearing officer handling special education cases since 2013.
• Initially admitted to the practice of law in Minnesota in 1990; currently licensed as an attorney in Minnesota.
• J.D. University of Minnesota, 1990.
• B.A. University of Minnesota, 1986.
• Presenter and attendee Midwest Regional Special Education Law Conference, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
• Fourth National Academy for IDEA Administrative Law Judges and Hearing Officers, June 2005.
I have been an administrative law judge with the Office of Administrative Hearings since September 2013. I was an employee of the Minnesota Department of Education from 1996 to 2013, where my work primarily concerned the enforcement of special education laws. I have a broad understanding of administrative law from my work at the Department of Education. Prior to my tenure at the Minnesota Department of Education, I was an attorney with the Minnesota Disability Law Center where I practiced exclusively in the area of special education.
I am not employed by a local education agency or a disability advocacy group, nor do I serve on the board of a local education agency or disability advocacy group.
For additional information on Judge Case, see http://mn.gov/oah/administrative-law/judges/case.jsp.