• Admitted to the practice of law in Minnesota in 1975; currently licensed as an attorney in Minnesota.
• B.A., College of St. Thomas, 1965.
• J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, 1975.
• Attended and presented at the 26th National Institute on Educating Individuals with Disabilities sponsored by LRP in the pre-institute symposium; How to Become a More Efficient, More Effective Hearing Officer, May 2005.
• 3rd National Academy for IDEA ALJs and Hearing Officers sponsored by Seattle University School of Law, June 2004.
• 16th National Institute on Educating Individuals with Disabilities sponsored by LRP, May 1995.
• Multiple IDEA Hearing Officer training sessions sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Education and programs by other sponsors on the conduct of administrative hearings of all types since 1989.
I am not currently employed by, nor am I currently a board member of, a local education agency in Minnesota. I am not an employee of the Minnesota Department of Education.
I am not currently employed by, nor am I currently a board member of, a disability advocacy organization or group.
For additional information on Judge Mihalchick, see http://mn.gov/oah/administrative-law/judges/mihalchick.jsp.