• Hearing officer handling special education cases since 2008; in Minnesota since February, 2014 and in District of Columbia from September 2008 through December 2013.
• Admitted to the practice of law in Minnesota in 1995, in the District of Columbia in 2009. Currently licensed as an attorney in Minnesota.
• J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, 1995.
• B.A., University of Minnesota, 1992.
• National IDEA Academy for Administrative Law Judges and Hearing Officers: July 2003, June 2005, June 2006, May 2007, July 2008, July 2009, July 2010, July 2011, July 2012, July 2013.
• Special Education Due Process Hearing Officer Training, District of Columbia: July 2008, February 2009, April 2009, May 2009, July 2009, October 2009, January 2010.
• Midwest Regional Special Education Conference: November 2006, November 2007.
I have been an administrative law judge with the Office of Administrative Hearings since February 2014. I was a due process hearing coordinator and special education complaint investigator at the Minnesota Department of Education from February 1999 to October 2008. I was an attorney in private practice from October 1995 to February 1999.
I am not currently employed by nor am I currently a board member of a local education agency in Minnesota. I am not an employee of the Minnesota Department of Education.
I am not currently employed by nor am I currently a board member of a disability advocacy organization or group.