What is the MCCC?
The Minnesota Common Course Catalogue (MCCC) is a course classification and data collection system intended to provide uniform information about courses that are taught by Minnesota teachers and completed by Minnesota students.
The MCCC is being implemented to meet state and federal requirements, including: Minnesota Statutes, section 120B.35 - Student Academic Achievement and Growth; Minnesota Session Laws 2009, Chapter 96, Article 2, Section 60 - Implementing Rigorous coursework Measures Related to Student Performance; and HR 2272 America COMPETES Act of 2007 SEC. 6401. Required Elements of a Statewide Longitudinal Data System.
Enter the Minnesota Common Course Catalogue (MCCC).
What information must districts report?
The four data collections associated with the MCCC include:
1. Local Course Index
2. Calendar Information
3. Staff Course Records
4. Student Course Records
Reporting Year Opening and Closing Dates
- Reporting Year 2013-14 will close at midnight, November 6, 2015.
- Reporting Year 2014-15 is now open and will close on April 15, 2016.
- Reporting Year 2015-16 will open in April 2016.
WebEx training sessions are scheduled from mid-August through September. View the MDE Calendar
and select the “Event” heading to find all “MCCC Training” dates and times.
Calendar Edit 1
- Explains the calendar menu and creates an Academic YearCalendar Edit 2
- Explains the create, edit and delete of a Calendar. Term and PeriodCalendar Rollover
- Walks through the complete calendar rollover process