2014 – 2015 Summer Food Service Program
Application Renewal Instructions
Submit applications by May 1, 2014.
NOTE: Submission of applications after May 1 may not allow for sufficient time for approval prior to the start of your organization’s Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) operations.
Applications must be submitted a minimum of 15 days prior to the start of your SFSP program. No applications will be accepted after June 1.
Important information for ALL applicants:
A SFSP application renewal must be completed annually in the Cyber Linked Interactive Child Nutrition System (CLiCS). Sponsors will be contacted if additional application information is needed. An e-mail notification will be sent to the sponsoring authority contact when the application is approved. Remember that claims for reimbursement may not be submitted until the sponsor and site(s) application approval is complete. For additional information, resources and forms access the SFSP website.
What’s new CLiCS?
In an effort to improve efficiency with the application renewal process, the additional documentation that is required with sponsor and site applications will now be managed electronically and uploaded directly into CLiCS. Application renewals for sites that are area eligible and pass all validation rules will undergo auto-approval. Site applications with alternative eligibilities will remain in a submitted status to allow for document review and approval by Minnesota Department of Education (MDE)-Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) staff.
All sponsors, when prompted, will need to upload supporting SFSP document(s), as necessary. To upload a document it needs to be named, saved and closed on your computer. MDE-FNS staff will review the uploaded documents and will contact the organization if additional information or clarification is needed. Access the instructions for uploading files into CLiCS.
Online application renewal process in the CLiCS
• Select program type “SFSP,” year “2015,” change search type to “Site,” then select “Search.”
• Select the site identification (ID) number to open each site application. Review and update the information for 2014-2015 as needed.
- Question number 5, Maximum Daily Capacity –This sets a limit
(also called a “site cap”) on the number of meals that can be served or reimbursed at a site. Indicate the capacity of the site to prepare, obtain, and/or distribute meals, as well as the number of children for which the facilities are adequate. Sites will NOT be reimbursed for more meals than what is entered and approved as the site capacity.
o New uploads:
- Site Participation Eligibility: If sites are utilizing any of the following eligibility options, the supporting documentation is now uploaded directly into CLiCS:
• Certified Migrant Site.
• Based on Public Data including: bussing, housing, recruiting from eligible areas.
• Certification from Tribal Authority or Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- If a meal is vended, the contract is now uploaded directly into CLiCS.
• Scroll to the top of the scr
een and change the radio button to “Submitted for Approval.”
• Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select “Save.”
• Select the red Applications tab to return to the screen with the list of site applications to update additional sites.
• Return to the main application page by selecting the red Applications tab; change the search type to “Sponsor,” then select “Search.”
• Select the Sponsor ID number. Some of the information has rolled over from last year. Review and update as needed and enter the sponsor budget for 2014-2015.
• New uploads:
o Letter to the Health Department notifying them of the organization’s intent to operate SFSP. Submit a copy of the letter sent to the local health department. View the letter to the health department
o Enter the anticipated SFSP reimbursement for this summer.
o Enter other sources of income (i.e. adult meal sales, cash donations, etc.).
• Projected SFSP Administrative and Operational Costs:
o Enter only SFSP projected expenses for each category.
o Review and update the information for 2014-2015 as needed. Scroll to the top of the screen and change the radio button to “Submitted for Approval.” Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select “Save.”
o An e-mail notification will be sent to the contact e-mail on the sponsor application after the application is approved.
Additional Requirements and Forms (submit as applicable):
• CLiCS User ID/Password Request Form
is used to add or delete access to CLiCS and the online applications and claims. Submit a form for members of the organization to access CLiCS.
• Listserv Subscribe/Unsubscribe Form
is used to add/delete individuals to the e-mail list used by FNS to communicate specific program information. Use this form to submit the name and e-mail address for each individual who should receive memos and announcements related to SFSP.
• Appeal Procedure
is used to identify steps that must be taken to appeal a state agency administrative action.
Contact the FNS Applications Team at 651-582-8526, 1-800-366-8922 (MN Toll-free) or e-mail email@example.com.
Mail: Minnesota Department of Education
Food and Nutrition Service
1500 Highway 36 West
Roseville, MN 55113