Submit applications on or before June 1, 2015.
A School Nutrition Program (SNP) application renewal must be completed annually in the Cyber-Linked Interactive Child Nutrition System (CLiCS). Renewal applications that are complete and pass all validation errors will automatically be approved. Applications that require follow-up will remain in submitted status until a Food and Nutrition (FNS) staff person reviews the application for approval. Supporting documents will be reviewed at a later time and sponsors will be contacted if additional information or clarification is needed. An e-mail notification will be sent to the sponsoring authority contact when the application is approved. Claims for reimbursement may not be submitted until application approval is complete. Access the SNP website for additional information, resources and forms.
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) allows schools that predominantly serve low-income children to offer nutritious school meals at no charge to all students through the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. To be eligible, a school must participate in both the breakfast and lunch programs, and an individual school site, group of schools or district must have an identified student percentage (ISP) of at least 40 percent. Schools not currently participating in CEP, or school food authorities currently participating in CEP that want to add an additional site(s), should access the application instructions on the CEP website. Access the CEP website for enrollment instructions to complete the site application and for additional resources about CEP. Schools currently participating in CEP will continue to be enrolled in the provision for four years.
Food Service Management Company (FSMC) contracts and supporting documents must be sent to a designated e-mail box: email@example.com.
Uploaded Documents - Vended Meals/Catering Contracts, Joint Agreements, and Provision 2 and Provision 3 documents must be uploaded into CLiCS as part of the application process. When applicable, the CLiCS application will prompt for those documents to be uploaded. Access the upload instructions.
Seamless Summer Option (SSO) – A school food authority (SFA) may participate in the SSO to claim reimbursement for meals and/or snacks served during the summer. Site eligibility requirements apply. To complete a sponsor and site application for SSO, create a Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) application and select SSO as the sponsor authority type and site classification. SSO applications are due no later than June 1, 2015. SSO applications are not included in the new CLiCS auto-approval feature, so allow adequate time for FNS staff to review the application prior to approval. Access Seamless Summer Program information.
1. Access the CLiCS home page and log into CLiCS 2 by selecting “2010 and later.”
2. Select “Applications.” Then select program type “SNP,” year “2016,” change search type to “Site,” and select “Search.”
3. Select the site identification (ID) number to open each site application. Review and update the information for 2015-2016 as needed. Scroll to the top of the screen, change the radio button to “Submitted for Approval” and select “Save” at the bottom of the application.
4. Question #1 – if Classification of Site is checked for Residential Child Care Institution, current license information will be verified with the appropriate licensing agency.
5. Question #2 - if Site Administration is checked for “This Site is Legally Separate from the Sponsoring Authority,” a signed joint agreement or joint agreement renewal document must be uploaded. Refer to the Applications-Sponsors Web page for additional information and required forms..
6. If a sponsor selects Provision 2 or Provision 3 (P2/P3) for lunch and/or breakfast and is at the end of the provision cycle, upload a letter and supporting documents requesting approval for a four (4)-year extension or a new base year unless returning to regular claiming at that site. New P2/P3 sponsors/sites need to submit a public release to FNS describing that they offer free school meals to all students through the SNP. Access Public Release for Provision 2 or Provision 3 Sites. Renewing P2/P3 sponsors do not need to upload a public release as it will be included with the annual state-wide public release done by FNS.
7. If a sponsor selects Community Eligibility Provision, refer to the CEP Web page for additional information and required forms.
8. Select the red applications tab to return to the screen with the list of site applications to update additional sites.
1. Return to the main application page by selecting the red applications tab; change the search type back to “Sponsor,” then select “Search.”
2. Select the sponsor ID number to open the application form. Some of the information has rolled over from last year for your convenience.
3. Review and update the information for 2015-2016 as needed. Scroll to the top of the screen, change the radio button to “Submitted for Approval” and select “Save.”
4. Question #1 – if the box is checked for food service operations managed under a contract with a FSMC, copies of the contract or renewal contract and supporting documents must be e-mailed to the FSMC mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. FNS will upload FSMC documents in CLiCS when approved. Refer to the Food Service Management Contracts Web page for additional information and required forms.
5. Question #2 – if the box is checked for vended meal/catering contract, a signed vended meal contract or vended meal renewal contract must be uploaded. Refer to the Procurement and Contracts Web page for additional information and required forms.
6. Electing Flexibility Option for Free or Reduced-Price Meal Eligibility Determination Effective Date – if the box is checked, a sponsor is choosing to use the submission date instead of the approval date of a household application as the effective date of eligibility for free or reduced-price meal benefits. Refer to the flexibility option instructions for more information.
7. An e-mail notification will be sent to the contact e-mail address on the sponsor application after the application is approved.
CLiCS Site ID Request Form is used to identify the physical location where meals are served. Submit a form for any new sites as applicable.
CLiCS User ID/Password Request Form is used to add or delete the organization’s staff access to CLiCS and the online applications and claims.
Listserv Subscribe/Unsubscribe Form is used to add and/or delete the organization’s staff who receive listserv e-mails that communicate specific program information.
Appeal Procedure is used to identify steps that must be taken to appeal a state agency administrative action.
Contact the FNS Applications Team at 1-800-366-8922 (MN Toll-Free), 651-582-8526 or e-mail email@example.com.
Mail: Minnesota Department of Education
Safety, Health and Nutrition
1500 Highway 36 West
Roseville, MN 55113