Submit applications on or before May 30, 2014.
A School Nutrition Program (SNP) application renewal must be completed annually in the Cyber-Linked Interactive Child Nutrition System (CLiCS). Sponsors will be contacted if additional application information is needed. An e-mail notification will be sent to the sponsoring authority contact when the application is approved. Remember that claims for reimbursement may not be submitted until the sponsor and site(s) application approval is complete. Access the SNP website for additional information, resources and forms.
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) – CEP is a new, innovative program making it easier for high need schools to serve free meals to all students. To be eligible, school sponsors must meet a minimum level of identified students for free meals, agree to serve free lunches and breakfasts to all students and to cover additional costs with non-federal funds. Schools or groups of schools with more than 40 percent identified students many apply for CEP. Access the Community Eligibility Provision website for enrollment instructions to complete the site application and for additional resources about CEP.
Flexibility for assigning effective date of eligibility for the free or reduced-price meal benefits – The sponsor application includes a check box allowing use of the submission date rather than the approval date of a household application as the effective date of eligibility for free or reduced-price meal benefits. Until recently children have generally been certified eligible for free or reduced-price meal benefits on the date the household application is approved. For additional information, access the application approval option.
Prior Year Minnesota Automated Reporting Student System (MARSS) Data – Public sponsors only. SNP site applications for 2014-2015 will display MARSS data on students approved for free and reduced-price meal benefits as of October 2013. School name, school classification and grade range will also be displayed. This information will be replaced and updated annually on application rollover when new October MARSS data becomes available.
Food Service Management Company (FSMC) contracts and supporting documents must be sent by e-mail to a designated e-mail box: email@example.com.
Documents for Vended Meals/Catering Contracts, Joint Agreements, and Provision 2 and Provision 3 documents must be uploaded into CLiCS as part of the application process. When applicable, the CLiCS application will prompt for those documents to be uploaded. Access the Upload Instructions.
Renewal applications in CLiCS that are complete and pass all validation errors will automatically be approved. Applications that require follow-up will remain in submitted status until a Food and Nutrition (FNS) staff person reviews the application for approval. Supporting documents will be reviewed at a later time and sponsors will be contacted if additional information or clarification is needed.
Seamless Summer Option (SSO) – A school food authority (SFA) may participate in the SSO to claim reimbursement for meals and/or snacks served during the summer. Site eligibility requirements apply. To complete a sponsor and site application for SSO, create a Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) application and select SSO as the sponsor authority type and site classification. SSO applications are due no later than June 1, 2014. SSO applications are not included in the new CLiCS auto-approval feature, so allow adequate time for FNS staff to review the application prior to approval. Access Seamless Summer Program information.
1. Log into CLiCS 2 by selecting “2010 and later” and select “Applications.”
2. Select program type “SNP,” year “2015,” change search type to “Site,” then select “Search.”
3. Select the site identification (ID) number to open each site application. Review and update the information for 2014-2015 as needed. Scroll to the top of the screen, change the radio button to “Submitted for Approval” and select “Save” at the bottom of the application.
4. Question #1 – if Classification of Site is checked for Residential Child Care Institution, a copy of the most current license document(s) must be uploaded.
5. Question #2 - if Site Administration is checked for “This Site is Legally Separate from the Sponsoring Authority,” a signed joint agreement or joint agreement renewal document must be uploaded. Refer to the Procurement and Contracts Web page for additional information and required forms. Access joint agreement documents.
6. If a sponsor selects Provision 2 or Provision 3 for lunch and/or breakfast and is at the end of the provision cycle, upload a letter and supporting documents requesting approval for a four (4)-year extension or a new base year unless returning to regular claiming at that site.
7. All Provision 2 and Provision 3 sponsors/sites need to submit an annual media release to FNS describing that they offer free school meals to all students through the SNP. Access the Annual Media Release for Provision 2 or Provision 3 Sites.
8. If a sponsor selects Community Eligibility Provision, refer to the CEP Web page for additional information and required forms. Access CEP information.
9. Select the red applications tab to return to the screen with the list of site applications to update additional sites.
1. Return to the main application page by selecting the red applications tab; change the search type back to “Sponsor,” then select “Search.”
2. Select the sponsor ID number to open the application form. Some of the information has rolled over from last year for your convenience.
3. Review and update the information for 2014-2015 as needed. Scroll to the top of the screen, change the radio button to “Submitted for Approval” and select “Save.”
4. Question #1 – if the box is checked for food service operations managed under a contract with a FSMC, copies of the contract or renewal contract and supporting documents must be e-mailed to the FSMC mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. FNS will upload FSMC documents in CLiCS when approved. Refer to the Procurement and Contracts Web page for additional information and required forms. Access Food Service Management Contract documents.
5. Question #2 – if the box is checked for vended meal/catering contract, a signed vended meal contract or vended meal renewal contract must be uploaded. Refer to the Procurement and Contracts Web page for additional information and required forms. Access vended meal contract documents.
6. Electing Flexibility Option for Free or Reduced-Price Meal Eligibility Determination Effective Date – if the box is checked, a sponsor is choosing to use the submission date instead of the approval date of a household application as the effective date of eligibility for free or reduced-price meal benefits. Refer to the flexibility option instructions for more information. Access the application approval option.
7. An e-mail notification will be sent to the contact e-mail address on the sponsor application after the application is approved.
CLiCS Site ID Request is used to identify the physical location where meals are served. Submit a form for any new sites as applicable. Access the CLiCS Site Identification Request form.
CLiCS User ID/Password Request Form is used to add or delete access to CLiCS and the online applications and claims. Submit a form to add and/or delete members of the organization to access CLiCS. Access the CLiCS User ID/Password Request Form.
Listserv Subscribe/Unsubscribe Form is used to add and/or delete organization members to or delete them from an e-mail list used by FNS to communicate specific program information. Use this form to submit the name and e-mail address for each individual who should receive memos and announcements related to SNP. Access the Listserv Subscribe/Unsubscribe Form.
Appeal Procedure is used to identify steps that must be taken to appeal a state agency administrative action. Access the appeal procedure.
Contact the FNS Applications Team at 1-800-366-8922 (MN Toll-Free), 651-582-8526 or e-mail email@example.com.
Food and Nutrition Service
1500 Highway 36 West
Roseville, MN 55113