M E M O R A N D U M
TO: School District Superintendent
PLEASE PASS THIS TO YOUR DISTRICT ADMINISTRATOR
FOR NONPUBLIC PUPIL AIDS
FROM: Greg Sogaard
Education Finance Specialist
Division of School Finance
DATE: June 5, 2014
SUBJECT: Nonpublic Pupil Aids; Promulgation of Revised Fiscal Year 2015 Program Rates of
Entitlement and Pupil Reporting Procedure
REF: (a) Minnesota Rules, Chapter 3540.
(b) Minnesota Statutes, sections 123B.40 - 123B.48 (1998).
1. INFORMATION: In accordance with the procedures set forth in reference (a), public school districts are reimbursed for expenditures incurred in providing pupils the instructional materials and pupil support services required by reference (b), when those pupils are attending a nonpublic school (includes home schools), which are established and operating within the district's boundaries.
2. PURPOSE: The purpose of this letter is to promulgate the Revised Fiscal Year 2015 rates of entitlement.
3. AUTHORIZED RATES OF ENTITLEMENT:
a. The authorized rates of entitlement per eligible pupil to be used in computing district allotments for nonpublic pupil aids for school year 2014-2015 are as follows:
Textbooks, Standardized Tests, and; $79.44
Individualized Instructional Materials
Pupil Health Services; $64.20
Secondary Pupil Guidance and Counseling Services; $219.49
b. Rates may be readjusted on or about October 15 when the actual appropriation and program participation figures are known.
4. PUPIL REPORTING PROCEDURE: The following procedure applies to all nonpublic pupils, including those attending "home schools.”
a. PUPIL REQUESTS: The Pupil Request Forms should be duplicated and forwarded to the nonpublic school administrator for distribution to the students at the beginning of the school year. These Request Forms must be completed and filed on behalf of the student sometime after school starts in the fall but no later than SEPTEMBER 15, 2014.
b. STUDENT REPORT (ED 01650-27): Pupil Requests, signed on or before the September 15 deadline, must be summarized by the nonpublic school (or home school) officials on the Pupil Report Form ED 01650-27 and submitted to the public school district by OCTOBER 1, 2014.
c. DISTRICT REPORT: The district shall forward the Program Report for Nonpublic Aids with a copy of the Student Report (ED 01650-27) received from each of the nonpublic schools (or home schools) attached, to the department by OCTOBER 15, 2014.
5. DEADLINES: The importance of the timely submission of program data cannot be overemphasized.
a. A parent's request for services or materials made after the September 15 deadline is not eligible for reimbursement. However, the late administrative reporting of an eligible request, properly executed, may be accommodated under extenuating circumstances if approved by the department.
b. Accurate and complete reporting on the dates specified is essential to the effective administration of this program. Advance payments for district reports received by October 15, 2014, will be made on November 30, 2014.