Charge: The education commissioner shall review Minnesota Rules, parts 3535.0100 to 3535.0180, for consistency with Minnesota Statutes, sections 124D.861 and 124D.862, and make recommendations to the education committees of the legislature by February 15, 2014, for revising the rules or amending applicable statutes
• “integrated learning environment”
• MDE is using the following definition for “integrated learning environment” as guidance:
• Integration vs desegregation
• “achievement gap” vs “proficiency”
• Other terms
• How to measure outcomes
• Connection between achievement gap and integration
New Employment Outcomes Tool!
A new data tool that students can use to determine which fields have the best opportunities for jobs and wages from various programs of study was unveiled recently by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED). The tool will give students a clearer picture of the Minnesota labor market and what fields of study offer favorable career opportunities,” said DEED Commissioner Katie Clark Sieben. “At the same time, planners can use the tool to develop training and educational programs that fit employer needs.